2023 Small Residential
Location: Santa Clarita, California
Size: 2,521 sq. ft.
ICF Use: 4,795 sq. ft.
Total Construction: 44 weeks
ICF Installation Time: 50 days
Owner: Ryan and Ann Palos
General Contractor: Penna Construction Inc.
ICF Installer: Penna Construction Inc.
Form Distributor: Forming Solutions Inc.
Architect: LCFA Studio
ICF System: Fox Blocks
- This is the first Type II non-combustible, Net Zero energy home in the U.S.
- Rebuilt home after the Palos family lost their home in the 2019 Tick Fire
- The PHNX streamlined design and building method is easier to navigate
- Designed and completed in under 21 months, same cost as a traditional build
- Absence of wood created a home with close to zero maintenance required
- Net Zero energy per California building code
Like what you read?
Yearly Subscriptions Starting @ $30