2008 Unlimited Residential
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Type: Private Residence
Size: 60,000 sq. ft. (15,000 sq. ft. unfinished)
ICF Use: 100% of Exterior walls, plus additional outbuildings and ICF Pool
Height: Approx. 35 feet high (intermediate floor)
Total Construction: 1,200 days (2003-2007)
Architect: The Hicks Partnership/William R Hicks
General Contractor: The Hicks Partnership/William R Hicks
ICF Installer: HomeTek/Ruby Abecassis
ICF Distributor: Fastform/Archie Duiker
ICF System: Nudura
• Modeled on the 17th Century Blickling Hall in Norfolk England
• Owner wanted a home that would last 1000 years
• Claimed to be largest private residence in Canada
• Perhaps the largest ICF home built to date.
• Zoned heating and cooling reduce energy costs
• Each story measures 16 feet floor-to-ceiling
• The 35-foot walls are all plumb within ¼ inch.
• Roof panelized off-site and installed in six sections
• Indoor ICF Pool walls measured 32’6” with no intermediate supports
• Project completed on-time and within budget.
• Attracted worldwide attention; TV and press coverage from the air (due to private owner prohibiting ground access.)
Like what you read?
Yearly Subscriptions Starting @ $30