2009 Best MultiFamily
Location: Chelyabinsk, Siberia, Russia
Type: High-Density Residential development
Size: Approx. 1.5 million sq. ft.
ICF Use: 1,511,820 sq. ft. including some interior walls
ICF System: Amvic/Bracing by Plumwall
Total Construction: 3 years (completed Jan.’09)
ICF Start-to-Finish Time: 3 years
- Entire community designed to showcase modern multi-family design and construction
- One of the largest ICF projects ever completed worldwide.
- One of the first ICF projects in Russia
- Used nearly every known ICF design, including radius walls, multiple angles, cantilevers, concrete floor attachments, etc,
- First time installation crew with concrete experience completed job 8 months ahead of schedule.
- ICF construction continued in extreme winter conditions when other methods would be forced to stop.