2011 Best Small Residential
Location: Laguna Beach, California
Type: Private Residence-Custom Home
Size: 1,600 sq. ft.
ICF Use: 1,900 sq. ft. (All exterior walls) plus 1300 sq. ft. of interior wall and 1,300 of landscaping.
Total Construction Time: 13 months
ICF Installation time: 14 days
Owner: Patrick Quilter
General Contractor: Gregg Abel Construction
ICF Installer: Penna Construction
Form Distributor: Russ Wiersman
Architect: Gregg Abel Construction
Engineer: Leo Burke
ICF System: Fox Blocks
- 3" foam insulation in roof
- Photovoltaics, LED lighting, pervious concrete, xeriscaping
- 68 structural cedar beams shaped by hand
- ICF radius tower penetrated by two elliptical arches
- Multiple ICF wall intersections, all corners given "soft radius"
« Click above to view ADDITIONAL images »