2010 BEST HEAVY CommErcial
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Type: Student Dormitory
Cost: $35 Million
ICF Use: 176,000 sq. ft. (all exterior walls) plus 17,500 sq. ft. of interior ICF walls and 14,000 sq. ft. ICF parking garage.
Total Construction: 428 days
ICF Start-to-Finish Time: 168 days
Owner: DC Landcorp
Architect: RF Lintack
General Contractor: Dundurn Development
ICF Installer: Tradewind Construction
ICF Distributor: North River Distributing
ICF System: Logix ICF/Bracing by Giraffe
- One of the largest ICF projects in Canada
- Extensive positive media coverage of ICF technology
- First major use of Neopor
- Shell construction during Canadian winter; no additional hoarding costs
- Crowded site often held 2 pump trucks, 8 ready-mix trucks, a mobile crane and numerous flat-beds at the same time.
- On track for LEED Platinum certification.
- 50% water savings, 50% electrical savings, 75% heating/cooling savings.