2008 Light Commercial
Los Paseos Joint Use Project
Location: San Jose, Calif.
Type: Combined city recreation and elementary school gymnasium
Size: 12,000 sq. ft. (floor)
ICF Use: 6,000 sq. ft. (exterior) plus 2,500 sq. ft. (interior)
Height: 24 ft. with ICF gables to 35 ft.
Total Construction: 370 days
ICF Start-to-Finish Time: Unknown
Owner: Morgan Hill Unified School District/City of San Jose
Architect: Weston Miles Architects/ Lesley Miles
General Contractor: TBI Construction Management/Mike Paye
ICF Installer: Advanced Building Technologies/Jim Deering
ICF Distributor: Arxx Corp/ Randy Daniels
ICF System: 8” and 10” core Arxx
- District saves $10,000 annually on energy and $5,000 annually on water
- LEED Certified (1st LEED public school in state)
- First ICF Project for California Division of State Architects (DSA)
- DSA required visual inspection of concrete consolidation, 4’ on center around entire building.
- DSA required 3rd party testing of ICF wall mock-ups (the “3,000 psi” mix tested to an average of 6,700 psi!)
- Clear span steel trusses
- ICF install in driving rains
- Numerous presentations at green school events, received “Saving by Design” award, numerous newspaper stories, new sustainability course taught in elementary school.
« Click above to view ADDITIONAL images »